Are you a Medical Doctor, Clinician, Surgeon, Engineer, Inventor, Designer? I am looking for someone who could combine these skill sets to develop products to enhance clinical training.
Role: Senior Product Designer
Salary: Based on experience
My client invests heavily in R&D, materials and processes to achieve the most advanced product available. As demand for their product increases so does the need to grow the team.
Responsible for the Design and Specification of product with a strong focus on early product development where medical understanding is fundamental.
Technical knowledge, skills and experience:
- Strong Medical knowledge based on medical training and experience in medical practice
- Good CAD Skills (Solidworks) would be an advantage
- Good understanding of design and design engineering principles would be an advantage
- Possess good sculpting, modelmaking and mould-making skills
- Good communicator and teamworking skills
- Drawing and model making skills
- Basic engineering skills – turning, milling, drilling etc
- Bridging area between FRD/PSD and physical model
- Resolution of anatomical, functional, and material issues with consideration of production issues
- Continued involvement with subsequent development
- Project planning
- Understanding and translation of the training requirements and how these can be best met by the training models
- Communication with customers in some cases of poor function of products, and working with them and R&D and other departments to resolve such situations
For an informal conversation about this role please contact me on 01709 717 212