Job Title: Quality Engineer
Location: The Advanced Manufacturing Park, Rotherham, S60 5WG
Salary: £35,000 to £45,000
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Contract: Full time, Permanent.
My client is seeking an enthusiastic Quality Engineer who can implement quality with impact.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a multi-discipline team of engineers working together to deliver cutting edge technology to a global market.
Job role: The Quality Engineer will design and implement robust quality systems to ensure standards are continually improved and product meets specifications required for delivering right first time
Duties will include but not limited too:
- Ensuring quality of components and materials in and goods out.
- Working to ISO 9001 standards
- Carrying out internal audits
- Maintenance of calibration equipment
- Developing test and inspection plans
- Monitor supplier performance
- Develop key supplier relationships, review and monitor performance, set KPI’s and manage Initial Sample Inspection Report
- Work closely with engineering team to improve overall efficiency of processes and manufacturing.
- Day to day problem solving of quality issues
- Investigating customer complaints, identify root cause and implement improvements
- Develop quality procedures and systems
- Ensure process control documents adhere with set requirements.
- Reduce variability in manufacturing by providing standard inspection plans and work methods.
- Ensure product and process quality meets specifications required delivering right first time build and test
Essential Requirements for the role:
- Good understanding of Quality Management Systems.
- Ability to understand engineering drawing and specifications
- Experience of Root Cause Analysis using standard methodologies
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Computer literate
- ISO9001-2015 internal auditor trained.
- Must be able to read and understand engineering drawings.
- Experience from Technology, Electronics, Automotive, Lighting, Power, Aerospace.