This role requires someone with a high degree of skill in systems and coding logic whilst maintaining a very practical and common sense approach in achieving the business tasks.
You will ideally have an understanding of Design for Manufacture also.
The timely co-ordination of the system implementation of all new product design & development projects to hit required launch dates.The day-to-day management and allocation of responsibilities for the design engineering team. The continuous development of efficient design and business systems.
Purpose of the job:
To ensure we provide clear and accurate drawings, dxf files and related data for the manufacturing operation.
To provide customers and marketing with accurate product representations for use in business literature.
To help develop the type and performance of the systems we use in our business.
To help develop the team to become product experts, responsible for the pro-active development of product categories, rather than just the implementation.
- To coordinate the team’s resources in meeting the implementation of new design and development projects.
- To produce accurate manufacturing information
- To train the team to become equally skilled and flexible in Inventor, Frontier and programming use.
- To suggest improvements to the development of our business systems
Key performance indicators:
- Manufacturing data error reduction
- Timeliness of all new design & development implementations
- Team ability, professionalism and responsiveness
- Professionalism of design solutions
- Smooth order entry implementation
- Design Director
- JMD / IT Director
- IT Manager
- Production Director & Management
- Purchasing Team
- Commercial Teams
- Autocad Inventor & iLogic programming to an advanced level.
- VBA Programming or equivalent to a good standard.
- Programming in Microsoft Visual Studio, specifically VB.Net.
- CAD data management using Autodesk Vault.
- Git Version Control using Bitbucket Server and Sourcetree.
- Freidman Frontier data management to an advanced level.
- Project Management using Microsoft Project or Smartsheet.
- Microsoft Excel, to an intermediate standard
- Microsoft Word, PowerPoint & Outlook proficient
- SQL knowledge to an intermediate level
- Autodesk Vault to an intermediate level
- Experience of CNC machine integration desired but not essential
Personal Skills & Knowledge
- Ability to tackle problems in a very logical manner
- Good communicator with the ability both to work as part of the team and to drive the effective performance of the team as a whole.
- A working knowledge of materials used in the furniture industry
- A detailed knowledge of furniture manufacturing techniques and processes
- A knowledge of furniture industry materials
- Very good with numbers