This is your chance to be part of one of the coolest teams in technology!
Are you a Product Design Engineer looking to work for an innovative, award winning business?
My client specialise in cutting edge, patented technology for the IT and Electronics industry. Demand for their product and expertise has led to rapid and significant growth so they need to grow the team.
If you are passionate about Product Design in Technology and want your contribution to influence the future of computing, then we want to hear from you.
You will join a successful and established team of experts to support the design, prototyping and manufacture of new and retro fit units and components.
Projects may include:
- Units to house electronics
- Units for the containment, direction and circulation of coolant
- Units to pass electronic signals through seals
- Units to enable the liquid cooling of hot swappable modular items, such as power supplies or disk drives.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Using 3D CAD tools
- Broad manufacturing knowledge of different materials and processes
- Design validation and analysis.
- Suitable selection of materials to successfully implement product designs
- Construction and management of Bill of Materials
- Familiar with design and development process, concept to finished product
- Experience in working as part of a project team
- Solidworks 3D CAD
- PDM software and general product data management
- Materials science experience, and an understanding of material properties
- Rendering cad images for marketing, using photo view 360 or equivalent
Qualities & attitude
- Be proactive in promoting new ideas and solutions
- Excellent communication skills
- Respect planning and ability to work to deadlines, a high attention to cost optimization and client satisfaction.
- Full UK driving license
- Willingness and capability to travel in the UK and internationally
37.5 hours per week
Monday to Friday
25 days holiday, plus public holidays
UK working permit essential
£30,000 - £40,000 pa