This is your chance to be part of one of the coolest teams in technology!
Role: Product Design Engineer
Salary: £30,000 to £45,000
Hours: Monday to Friday, 37.5 - Permanent
My client specialise in cutting edge, patented technology. Demand for their product and expertise has led to rapid and significant growth so they need to grow the team.
You will join a successful and established team of experts to support the design, prototyping and manufacture of new and retro fit units and components.
Projects may include:
- Designing units / enclosures to house electronics
- Designing units for the containment, direction and circulation of liquid
- Designing enclosures to pass electronic signals through seals
- Designing units to enable the cooling of hot swappable modular items, such as power supplies or disk drives.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Design using 3D CAD tools
- Experience of both NPD and CPD
- Broad manufacturing knowledge of different materials and processes
- Design validation and analysis.
- Suitable selection of materials to successfully implement product designs
- Construction and management of Bill of Materials
- Familiar with design and development process, concept to finished product
- Experience in working as part of a project team
- Design of electronics enclosures
- PDM software and general product data management
- Experience designing for thermal, cabling and IP rating interface
- An understanding of material properties
Qualities & attitude
- Be proactive in promoting new ideas and solutions
- Excellent communication skills
- Respect planning and ability to work to deadlines, a high attention to cost optimization and client satisfaction.
- Full UK driving license
- Willingness and capability to travel in the UK and internationally
Search terms: "Product Design Engineer", "Industrial Design Engineer", Mechanical, Design, Engineer, Electronics, Mobile, Telecoms, Enclosures, thermal, cabling, thermo-fluid, interface, automotive, aerospace, military, computing, technology, FEA, DFM, Routed systems, surfacing, sheetmetal, solid modelling