Location: Sheffield (Manchester or home-based will be considered, subject to experience)
Are you interested in bringing your established technical editing or writing skills to a company that is both successful and rapidly expanding to meet growing client demand?
If so, our client is offering an exciting opportunity to join their talented team.
About our client:
Our client works with pharmaceutical and medical devices companies, helping them to demonstrate the clinical and economic value of their products to governments and other healthcare providers. This is mainly done through the development of health economic models, which utilise cutting-edge economic and statistical methodology.
Our client is one of the largest privately-owned health economic and outcomes research (HEOR) consultancies in the world. The office dynamic is intellectually stimulating, fun and focused on results. With their head office in Sheffield, our client employs over 140 people in the UK, India, Ireland, the Netherlands and the US, which means that there are frequent opportunities for international travel or placements.
They identify themselves as having a vibrant culture where everyone matters. Many of their employees join as graduates, and they believe in developing their staff and offering them responsibility from an early stage in their careers, enabling rapid progression within a supportive environment.
The position is on the editorial team that predominantly serves our client’s client-facing teams. This will be a challenging role supporting technical team members to develop their writing skills and edit manuscripts to a high standard. You will also provide support for the proofreading team in times of high demand.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
· Mentor new writers by reviewing draft materials and providing one-to-one support
· Review technical reports and clinical dossiers sent to the editorial team and liaise with authors regarding amends
· Provide constructive feedback for recommended changes with authors
· Copy edit posters and manuscripts for publication including checking for consistent and correct language use, and redrafting e.g. sentence, paragraph and whole document structure
· Write and re-write elements of content, as required, to ensure the document meets its brief
· Work with web-based manuscript publishing systems for conference and journal submissions
· Be responsible for the editorial quality of client deliverables and internal company documents, including:
- Editing, formatting and proofreading content
- Ensuring that documents are in line with house or client style (as appropriate)
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience editing or writing within a scientific, medical or technical field
· A high standard of professional written English
· High levels of concentration, accuracy and attention to detail
· Self-motivated, with the ability to work to tight deadlines
· A keen interest in reading and reviewing medical research and pharmacoeconomic-related documents
· A degree or equivalent experience
· Ability to provide diplomatic and concise written comments
· A positive attitude to team work
· A biomedical science degree 2:1 or above
· Agency experience an advantage
Compensation and benefits package:
· £25,000 (dependent on experience) plus bonus
· 33.5 days’ paid leave inclusive of bank holidays
· Private healthcare
· Other health and wellbeing benefits