This role would suit someone with experience of account management within the IT or UPS sector.
The ideal candidate will be customer focused and highly motivated with a practical hands on approach to problem solving using available resources and initiative to ensure customers’ expectations are met.
You will have strategic capability with proven success in establishing long term successful business partnerships
The role’s key metric is sales contribution. The aim, to increase market share and deliver incremental contribution using incentives, initiatives, commitment programmes and marketing activity.
· Develop an intimate understanding of the customer’s business using a variety of sources and identify and explore commercial opportunities on both exports and imports.
· Developing and maintaining long term strategic relationships with key customers.
· Develop innovative solutions for customers that not only support our current product portfolio but lead the business in improving those products and developing new ones.
· Prepare bespoke strategic plans, encompassing sales, marketing and pricing activities, to maximise opportunities and value for both parties.
· Implement and manage strategic activities to deliver increased value for BA (measured by contribution).
· Monitor performance of strategic plans and evaluate successes, risks and opportunities and formulate plans to address these.
· Identify key influencers and decision-makers and develop an action plan to deepen the relationship with this audience, drawing on senior level support within where appropriate.
· Contributing to formulation and implementation of a sales strategy to maximise short and long term revenue opportunities, and reduce cost of sale.
· Record and update sales activity within custom built ERP & CRM database.
Skills (practiced capability/behaviour)
· Excellent negotiation skills.
· Strong listening and questioning skills - outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
· Vision to understand customer needs and translate them in to practical solutions.
· Ability to drive change.
· Proven planning skills.
· Disciplined time management and ability to work under pressure.
· Excellent proposal writing, project management and analytical skills.
· Able to analyse results and identify and explain any variances from targets.
· Ability to follow and ensure compliance with operational processes.
· Highly developed social, interpersonal and communication skills.
· Excellent team working and team developing ability.
· Disciplined in time management and ability to work under pressure without supervision taking measured risks in order to maximise contribution.
· Experience of managing accounts and relationships.
· Experience of direct customer contact.
· Experience of presenting proposals to customers at senior management level.
· Be comfortable working towards clearly defined sales targets.
· A good understanding of what is required to develop and maintain the most valuable customer relationships.
· Experience in the UPS, IT or electronics industries.
· Highly skilled in Maths & English.
· A-level calibre of education.
· Available to begin work within 4 weeks of accepting the job offer.