My client is a tech startup with the mission to provide frictionless voice communications for teams of any size, at any range, and from any environment. Developing a hardware / software platform leveraging state of the art technology in bone conduction, voice recognition, artificial intelligence, and multi-network connectivity. As a result, we have the opportunity to build a diverse team and develop technologies for some of the most exciting applications of voice communication in extreme environments including: cycling, SCUBA diving, construction and emergency response.
Located in the heart of London with a network of international partners in the USA, Hong Kong, and France.
The Role :
Join an elite engineering-driven team and have an immediate impact on defining what “voice as the next platform” truly means! We are seeking a passionate Product Design Engineer who loves designing, building, and testing complex wearable systems with a user centric approach. This role will join the team as a Mechanical Engineer to assist in building the wearable voice device in a collaborative environment. You will be collaborating with fellow engineers, designers, and product managers in agile development with user testing in the loop. This role will also give our new team member the opportunity to explore new technologies in rapid prototyping, 3D printing, and mass manufacturing.
- Design voice wearable for function, human factors, and manufacturability.
- Use in house facilities to rapid prototype and test mechanical components.
- Manage the subsystem and/or individual part designs from concept to production.
- Advance the design of vibration isolation between acoustic components.
- Manage mass production and system integration.
- Support user testing and development feedback.
Required skills and experience:
- M.S. in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- 4+ years of product design/prototyping experience.
- Strong proficiency in 3D design modeling and simulation (Autodesk, Solidworks, etc.)
- Experience across manufacturing techniques (Machining, 3D printing, injection molding, etc.)
- Experience in design for manufacture and design for assembly.
- Independent with good communication and team working skills.
“Nice to have” Skills :
- Previous experience designing and building wearable products.
- Experience in designing and building weatherproof/rugged devices (i.e. IP68).