Role: Event Sales / Business Development Manager
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire – Office based 2/3 days a week.
Salary: £26,000 to £30,000 with uncapped commission
Hours: Full time - Monday to Friday
Driving licence essential.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a market leading Corporate Events company with an expanding portfolio of solutions. Ambitious plans mean they are looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to enable on-going development and growth.
Focused on creating new business opportunities throughout the UK, this role will give the right individual the opportunity to deliver truly creative solutions to a diverse market. The successful candidate will be able to generate new business within the Enterprise market, as well as offering truly bespoke events packages to smaller, niche client requirements.
A proven background in event sales and management, and a creative flair would be an advantage.
Supported by an excellent internal account management team, professional external event delivery team.
- Achieve growth and hit sales targets by successfully generating new business opportunities across a variety of sectors and geographies.
- Design and implement a strategic business plan that expands company’s customer base and ensure its strong presence in the market.
- Building and developing client relationships, earning trust and loyalty and gaining referrals.
- Present sales, revenue and expenses reports and realistic forecasts to the Managing Director
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status.
- Proven track record in securing profitable accounts and consistently exceeding targets.
- Ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organisation.
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close.
- Strong business sense and industry expertise.
- Proven experience in the corporate events industry.
- Adaptability in a changing market
- Knowledge and experience of sales development and management tools