Location: our client’s headquarters are in Sheffield, location can be flexible but their preference is for this position to be based in one of their European offices.
Are you interested in bringing your established project leadership skills to a company that is both successful and rapidly expanding to meet growing client demand?
If so, our client is offering an exciting opportunity to join their talented team.
About our client:
Our client works with pharmaceutical and medical technology companies, helping them to demonstrate the clinical and economic value of their products to governments and healthcare providers. This is mainly done through the development of health economic models, which utilise cutting edge economic and statistical methodology.
They are one of the largest privately-owned health economic and outcomes research (HEOR) consultancies in the world. The office dynamic is intellectually stimulating, fun and focused on results. With their head office in Sheffield they employ over 100 people in the UK, Denmark, India, Ireland and the Netherlands. They are also currently opening an office in the US, which means that there are frequent opportunities for international placements.
They identify themselves as having a dynamic, fun and vibrant culture where everyone matters. Many of their employees join as graduates and they believe in developing their staff and exposing them to responsibility from an early stage in their careers, enabling rapid progression whilst maintaining a close support network.
You will have full client-facing responsibilities which will include, but not be limited to:
- Take the lead role on value tools, epidemiology and budget impact modelling projects
- Work in partnership with clients to assess, demonstrate and communicate product value
- Design and develop transparent and user-friendly value tools, epidemiology and budget impact models throughout the product life cycle, pre- and post-launch for local and global use
- Lead evidence gathering to inform model population
- Input into design of clinical and economic systematic reviews to be conducted by our dedicated SLR team located within our India office and application of the learnings into model development
- Inputting to targeted review work to source resource use, cost and epidemiology information
- Inputting to expert elicitation exercises to inform model parameterisation and to validate model inputs and outputs
- Develop technical reports, user guides and summary slide decks providing interpretation and methodological detail for economic models and providing training to local affiliates on their use
- Develop budget impact sections for dossier input
- Develop abstracts and posters for clinical, academic and industry conferences, and manuscripts for peer-reviewed journals
- Perform thorough technical review (quality control) of value tools and budget impact models
- Co-ordinate work with iPAD app developers
- Train and develop of staff (including recruitment and line management in the longer term)
- Formal and informal training of clients
- Provide strategic and technical expertise both to clients and internally
- Identify new or expanded product and service opportunities and support the company’s business development activities
- Write proposals
We are currently seeking experienced health economics professionals with the enthusiasm, vision and flexibility required to play a key role as part of our Health Economics Analysis team. You will need to have:
- At least 3 years’ experience in the design and development of value tools / budget impact models from within a consultancy, the pharmaceutical industry or a relevant academic-consulting environment
- Designed and built at least 5 budget impact models from concept to construction
- Experience of Excel® and VBA – this is our primary modelling platform
- Experience supporting on project and training more junior staff members
- Experience of quality control of value tools, epidemiology and budget impact models
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills and comfort liaising with technical and non-technical clients (both internally and externally)
- Proven ability to explain complex calculations and ideas both verbally and in writing
- Proven ability to manage projects within timelines, budget and scope
- Proven ability to resolve issues and challenges
You will have a distinct advantage if you have:
- Experience of global budget impact model builds
- Experience of service and business development
- A study background in Health Economics or a related preferably quantitative discipline
- Experience of development of / leading work involving iPAD apps
Compensation and benefits package:
- Competitive salary (dependent on experience)
- 33.5 days paid leave including bank holidays
- Private healthcare
- Other health and wellbeing benefits