Human are proud to be the preferred recruitment partner of Iceotope. This award winning, innovative business specialise in cutting edge, patented technology for the IT and Electronics industry.
As rapidly developing business are now looking for and Electrical Engineer with expertise in DC Power.
The successful candidate will join an existing multiple disciplined.
Your initial project will contribute to the power distribution, power storage and power supply for the next generation of supercomputer.
- Co-Development of power supply design (with external PSU experts)
- Development of the DC power chain, safety features and power storage (for uninterruptable power)
- Development of DC DC renewable energy integration into the DC power chain
- Research and testing for verification of designs
- Responsible for the evaluation of Power Integration
- Projects are completed within required standard and cost control
- Ownership of issues
- Power management
- Implementation of DC/DC converters
- High Current (1000A) 48V DC Power Distribution or Similar
- Power supply technology
- AutoCad or equivalent software
- Design for EMC compliance
- Background in Power Electronics
- Understanding of developing power conversion products (rectifiers, inverters, UPS, battery chargers)
Qualities & attitude
- Experience in working as part of a project team
- Be proactive in promoting new ideas and solutions
- Excellent communication skills
- Respect planning and ability to work to deadlines, a high attention to cost optimization and client satisfaction.
- Full UK driving license
- Willingness and capability to travel in the UK and internationally
- Knowledge of Microcontrollers
- LabVIEW software experience
- Altium software experience
- Knowledge of Ansys tools, mesh creation and model exchange between Solidworks and Ansys.
- FPGA – Xilinx
- Backplane design
- Power Conversion Design for renewable energy
- Knowledge of Hot swappable electronics
Salary: £30,000 + Negotiable on exerience
Full Time, Permanent