This is your chance to be part of one of the coolest teams in technology!
As the preferred partner of Iceotope, Human are proud to be recruiting for an Electrical and Electronics Engineer with experience in DC Power.
This award winning, innovative business specialise in cutting edge, patented technology for the IT and Electronics industry. No one else is doing what this business can do and as a result the demand for their product and expertise has led to significant growth and a need to grow the team.
To contribute to the design and development of the power distribution, power storage and power supply for this high-profile project.
• Co-Development of power supply design (with external PSU experts)
• Development of the DC power chain, safety features and power storage (for uninterruptable power)
• Development of DC DC renewable energy integration into the DC power chain
• Research and testing for verification of designs
• Responsible for the evaluation of Power Integration
• Projects are completed within required standard and cost control
• Ownership of issues
Skills and Experience
• Power management
• Implementation of DC/DC converters
• High Current (1000A) 48V DC Power Distribution or Similar
• Power supply technology
• AutoCad or equivalent software
• Design for EMC compliance
• Background in Power Electronics
• Understanding of developing power conversion products (rectifiers, inverters, UPS, battery chargers)
Qualities & attitude
• Experience in working as part of a project team
• Be proactive in promoting new ideas and solutions
• Excellent communication skills
• Respect planning and ability to work to deadlines, a high attention to cost optimization and client satisfaction.
• Full UK driving license
• Willingness and capability to travel in the UK and internationally
• Knowledge of Microcontrollers
• LabVIEW software experience
• Altium software experience
• Knowledge of Ansys tools, mesh creation and model exchange between Solidworks and Ansys.
• FPGA – Xilinx
• Backplane design
• Power Conversion Design for renewable energy
• Knowledge of Hot swappable electronics
• Iceotope is a cool place to work, for bright people who are passionate about technology.
This dedicated team of experts do much more than just turn up to work each day; their contributions are having a huge impact on the future of computing.
Every day at Iceotope is about making advances in engineering for computing technologies; this is their mission and they are passionate about it!
If you have a strong interest in the advancement of computing technologies then this is the right place for you.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
A chance to be part of one of the coolest teams in technology!
A dynamic and diverse work environment
First class development opportunities
Competitive packages and family friendly working
The opportunity to work on cutting edge innovative projects
Salary: £30,000 + Negotiable on exerience
Hours: Full Time