This leading manufacturer of high quality precision radiation thermometers and thermometer systems to the steel, glass, electronics, mineral processing, power generation, utility and aircraft gas turbines is looking to grow their Engineering Team, within Process & Analytical Instruments with the recruitment of a Design Physicist.
• Optical and radiometric instrumentation design.
• Lab-based optics, radiometric and ambient testing.
• Characterise new instruments and devise production calibration procedures.
• Problem solving - experiment planning, data acquisition and analysis.
• Technical support to sales and production functions.
• Management of and involvement in specific projects.
• Coordination of personal, project and product support workloads.
• Production and maintenance of comprehensive design and project documentation.
• Development and maintenance of knowledge of relevant physics and technology.
• Compliance with project and corporate administrative requirements.
• Occasional site and customer visits.
Skills and Experience:
• A minimum of 3 – 5 yrs
• Education to degree or PhD level, with a good understanding of and interest in optics, thermal imaging and/or infrared radiometry.
• Several years’ industrial experience of instrumentation development.
• Experience of complex systems, fault finding, solution design and implementation.
• Experience of optical design, ideally using Zemax software.
• Project management experience desirable.
• Demonstrable prior success in the application of physics and engineering skills.
We are solving our customer's most-challenging problems with differentiated technology solutions.
• We are individuals who are driven to make a positive impact.
• We are divergent thinkers.
• We are risk-takers.
• We are collaborators.
• We are doers.
• We innovate in complex environments.
• We are flexible in the face of challenges.
• We get results.
Location: Derbyshire/South Yorkshire
Hours: 37.5 Full time, Permanent