Job Title: Design Engineer
Salary: £30,000 to £35,000
Hours: Full Time / 40 hrs Mon to Friday – Permanent
Annual Leave: 23 days + stats
My client is an established Engineering company that Designs and Manufactures industrial equipment. They are now looking to recruit a Design Engineer to join the team.
Role purpose: To provide quality information, guidelines and support to all departments. Produce detailed CAD drawings. Contribute the R&D of new and bespoke product. Cost estimates.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Production of BOM
- Maintain document and version control of all drawings produced, issuing Engineering Change Notices where appropriate.
- Ensure designs address critical market / client requirements for the product.
- Produce quality general arrangement drawings and design to manufacture/ design for testing (DFM/DFT) drawings.
- Contribute to design validation reviews.
- Assist in the sourcing of suppliers products and services
- To assist the Head of Engineering with managing and implementing best practices for design and
- safety, engineering standards and reference data
- To assist the Head of Engineering with the standardisation of products throughout the range to include sales data, pricebooks, assembly data and costings
- Assistance with training/support/mentoring to team members and other departments
Skills / Experience / Attributes
- Effective problem solving skills
- Knowledge and understanding of stainless steel fabrication
- Experience in 2D and 3D CAD design in a similar environment
- Good understanding of manufacturing processes/techniques
- Experience in designing for Manufacture
- Understand Health and Safety legislation related to design, incorporating risk assessments.
- Use of engineering calculations to prove designs and concepts
- Understanding of hazardous area compliance, (ATEX, CE and UL Directives).
- Understanding of Pneumatics, Gears and Linkages, Jigs and fixtures
- Experience of producing Technical Product information and specifications