Data Protection Officer
Do you want to work as part of a thriving team on the outskirts of the city centre? We are pleased to partner with an exciting a people centric organisation looking to add an experienced team member to their Quality Team. Reporting to the CIO, you will be responsible for data protection cross the organisation, training team members, chairing audit reviews and supporting the complaints procedures inline with GDPR.
You will be required to manage, update and communicate data protection and freedom of information policies, processes, monitoring, training and administration across the organisation.
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Being the focal point for all activity within the organisation relating to data protection and GDPR.
- Lead the complaints function and complaints handling across the organisation.
- Supporting management focus on and promoting a culture of awareness of data security throughout the organisation.
- Record and log all Data breaches, Freedom of Information requests and response times.
- Be the nominated officer on the Data Protection Register.
- Develop and implement the organisation’s GDPR Policy.
- Train and advise staff on the provisions of GDRP.
- Advise on the appointment and use of data processors and ensure appropriate contracts terms are included in any data processing agreement.
- Provide professional, specialist or high level technical advice, direction and input across a range of activities.
- Contribute to the development of new systems and procedures, considering the professional, legal and/or regulatory requirements of the organisation.
- Implement and progress strategic and development plans, designed to maximise service delivery.
This employer is a well-established award-winning team close to the centre of Sheffield. With over 1500 members of staff across the city you will be joining a thriving team with a mission to improve the lives of those they serve. If you would like to join a team of driven individuals, please get in touch today.
Reporting to the CIO and joining the Quality Team you will be working alongside a small team of professionals whop are keen to improve processes and procedures as well as safe guarding the success of the organisation.
Our client is located in a modern purpose-built location on the outskirts of the city centre. You will be within walking distance of city. Free parking is also available on site on a first come first served basis. However, the organisation is also well served by trams and buses.
This is a full time permanent opportunity to join an employer of choice in the city.
£25000, - £30,500 per annum
37.5 hours per week
28 days holiday plus 5 discretionary holidays