We are pleased to be supporting the Not For Profit in organisation to recruit an additional Administration Support member to the team.
Your role as Administration Support will be to deliver an effective and competent level of reception and clerical support in a way continuously promotes good customer service and effective working relationships.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as the first point of contact for the department, dealing with routine and specialist enquiries in a pleasant and helpful manner, communicating relevant information to stakeholders, referring to others as appropriate.
- Unlocking and locking up of the premises
- Answer telephone calls, taking messages and passing on accurately to the relevant departments/person.
- Ensure that general office supply levels are maintained
- Responsible for sorting of all incoming post and ensuring distribution to the relevant departments and to ensure that all out going post is documented. To send post by recorded delivery when requested.
- Promote the image of the department, checking that notices and leaflets are up to date and well presented.
- Ensure that all complaints, comments and suggestions are dealt with appropriately, in accordance with policy, resolving where possible and escalating to line manager when appropriate
- Photocopying and word processing documents, letters, emails, minutes and reports where required. Post holder must have a standard level of keyboard skills and able to use Microsoft Office programmes.
- Able to work on own initiative and unsupervised, within defined policies and procedures to set timescales.
- Have a flexible/adaptable approach to their work in order to meet various deadlines
- Responsible for organising meetings for the department and planning any administrative work as required
- Demonstrate office systems and department requirements to new starters
- Inputting info, monitoring and printing reports from computerised systems
Our client is a well-established local employer. If you are interested in adding value to our clients’ business and building a career with one of Barnsley’s leading not for profit employers, this could be a great opportunity for you.
Reporting into the Service Manager
Situated in Barnsley, 10 minutes from the M1, this is a great location for candidates commuting from most parts of the region.
This is a permanent opportunity in a brand new role within the business, which has seen great success over the last few years.
£8.55 per hour
Industry leading pension contribution
25 days holidays