Healthcare Administration Supervisor
The purpose of the role is to manage and supervisor the admin staff and ensure that the practice admin support function is run effectively, assisting the doctors, nurses and attached staff to run the service, thus providing the best possible care and service for the patients and to ensure that enquiries from patients are efficiently and courteously handled.
DUTIES AND AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage and Supervise the administrative staff, ensuring adequate staffing through rota management and assisting team members as required
• Manage admin workload, ensuring tasks are equally allocated across all staff, ensuring that tasks are completed within agreed timescales
• Act as first point of contact for the department, dealing with routine and specialist enquiries in a pleasant and helpful manner, communicating relevant information to stakeholders, referring to others as appropriate.
• Unlocking and locking up of the premises
• Answer telephone calls, taking messages and passing on accurately to the relevant departments/person.
• Ensure that all complaints, comments and suggestions are dealt with appropriately, in accordance with policy, resolving where possible and escalating to line manager when appropriate
• Photocopying and word processing documents, letters, emails, minutes and reports where required. Post holder must have a standard level of keyboard skills and able to use Microsoft Office programmes.
• Responsible for organising meetings for the department and planning any administrative work as required
• Inputting info, monitoring and printing reports from computerised systems
Our client is building a large clinical and administration team that will work as one in developing Primary Care Services across Barnsley, working closely with our Training & Development arm to bring new Primary Care staff to the same high standard across the borough.
The successful candidate will form part of the core administrative function within our clients organisation. This is a small, close knit team who share a common commitment to the service of their patients.
Our client is based in Barnsley within an approximate drive time of 15 minutes from Junction 37 of the M1 motorway. However the successful candidate will be required to move between practices in the local area therefore a driving license is essential.
Our client is currently growing at a steady rate and career opportunities will be available for interested individuals.
• £20,000 per annum
• Evenings, weekend and bank holiday working on a rota’s basis will be required.
• 25 Holiday days + stats Pro rata
• Pension Contribution